WP learners, are you looking for an easy way to add a search box in your site? Well, In this article, I will review the best search plugin WordPress in order to make your website user-friendly. Search box helps to the users that they are looking for in your site.
- 1 Why Should You Add Search Bar in Menu?
- 2 Best Search Plugin WordPress:
- 3 1. Relevanssi – A Better Search developed by Mikko Saari
- 4 2. Ajax Search Lite by Ernest Marcinko:
- 5 3. Cherry Search by Zemez:
- 6 4. Ivory Search – WordPress Search Plugin By Ivory Search:
Why Should You Add Search Bar in Menu?
A search box is a very powerful thing that can figure out specific content from entire contents that have on your site.
Suppose, a site contains a lot of content but you are looking for information, and you do not know where it is located. This is when search box will help you to find out in a second.
Best Search Plugin WordPress:
There are many search plugins which you can use to add a search bar to your site. In today’s tutorial, I will review the most popular WordPress search plugin. Let’s see on best search plugin WordPress.
How to Add a Search Bar to WordPress Menu
To get this on your, you need to install a plugin from the following plugins. See our another article on how to install a plugin in WordPress. The best search plugin for WordPress is given below.
1. Relevanssi – A Better Search developed by Mikko Saari
Relevanssi.com. Relevanssi – A Better Search is a premium (see more about premium features) plugin you can also use its free version. More than 100,000+ Active Installations it has. Will make your website user-friendly and increase engagement and page views.
Advantages of using Relevanssi – A Better Search:
- Search results sorted in the order of relevance, not by date.
- Fuzzy matching: match partial words, if complete words don’t match.
- Find documents matching either just one search term (OR query) or require all words to appear (AND query).
- Search for phrases with quotes, for example, “search phrase.”
- Create custom excerpts that show where the hit was made, with the search terms highlighted.
- Highlight search terms in the documents when a user clicks through search results.
- Search comments, tags, categories and custom fields.
2. Ajax Search Lite by Ernest Marcinko:
Here this Ajax Search Lite is the free version you can also go for the premium version if you want. You can filter the results with the category and post type filter boxes as well. Google autocomplete and keyword suggestions also included.
Here are top features of this plugin:
- Search in posts and pages
- Search in custom post types such as WooCommerce products, Events, Portfolio items and more
- Search in title, description, excerpt, categories and tags and custom fields
- Automatic search replacement as well as widget and shortcode available
- Custom Filter boxes (checkbox filters) for categories and post types
- WPML and Qtranslate compatible
- 8 built-in templates + options for color adjustments
3. Cherry Search by Zemez:
Cherry Search plugin you can add advanced search functionality to your WordPress site. It is multilingual and is fully compatible with WooCommerce themes so that you can enhance your eCommerce website with a powerful conversion booster.
4. Ivory Search – WordPress Search Plugin By Ivory Search:
It is an excellent plugin for searching results on site. There are no advance functionalities in this Ivory Search. It enhances the default WordPress search and also allows you to create new custom search forms.
I hope you learned about the best search plugin WordPress. If this article helps you make sure you subscribe to Lets Learn Now YouTube channel to get more WordPress videos and trips in order to manage your WordPress sites. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook.