In this post, I will talk about how to add a sticky floating sidebar widget in WordPress, floating sidebar widget means some elements will be stuck by a plugin that helps the website to get more audience attention. This is why many WordPress sites use floating sidebar widget nowadays. There are so many popular plugins available to do this, but in this article, I will walk you through some most famous plugins on how to add a sticky floating sidebar widget in WordPress.
- 1 How To Add A Sticky Floating Sidebar Widget:
- 2 01. Q2W3 Fixed Widget
- 3 02. WP-Sticky Sidebar
- 4 03. Advanced Floating Content
How To Add A Sticky Floating Sidebar Widget:
First of all, it might help you to get more traffic to your website. Instance, this is why authority websites like Quick Sprout, ManageWP, and Shopify and so forth use the floating widgets – it improves the conversion rate. Now let’s head over to our work using WordPress plugin.
01. Q2W3 Fixed Widget
This the most popular plugin for doing this. First of all, you need to do is install this plugin for your site. If you do not know how to install a plugin, you can take a tour to see how to install plugins. After installing this plugin, you also make sure you activated this plugin. Then, you need to visit Appearance> Fixed Widget Options
What things You Can Customize Q2W3 Plugin:
When you found the page under General Options, while it would be nice if you could adjust these settings for each widget, it’s not possible at this time. However, some essential settings allow you to customize the overall appearance such as:
- Adjusting the top margin in the px system – If you are using a left and right sidebar, try to make sure that the top of both of the widgets on each side is in alignment.
- Adjusting the bottom margin in px system – suppose you have some problems with the widget footer, this is the setting you’ll want to pay attention to, oh it’s an excellent opportunity for the user.
- Refresh interval option – This option helps you to adjust how frequently the plugin refreshes its all settings. The developers recommend an environment between 250-1500 ms since this setting can affect your overall site performance.
- Stop ID: Here you need to give HTML tag id. The position of that HTML element will determine.
- Disable Width: Use this option to disable the plugin on portable devices. Even when the browser screen width is less than.
Example of Websites using a Floating Widget:
Now, let’s see what does this Q2W3 Fixed Widget (Sticky Widget) Plugin for us.
Go to your widget area and add a widget for sidebar then you can see the other option has been added. See this in our screenshot.
Finally, make sure you checked this option, now visite your site to see the action and hopefully you got how to add a sticky floating sidebar widget.
02. WP-Sticky Sidebar
This one is another great plugin for doing Sticky Sidebar developed by By m.r.d.a. However, let’s see what does
While using this plugin, you need to put the class name or container class which element you want to see as sticky. “Container element class or id. It must be an element that contains both sidebar and content. If the left blank script will try to guess. Usually it’s #main or #main-content”
If you would like to disable this sticky system at your front page, blog page, pages, posts, categories and so on make sure you checked this options and clicked save changes.
03. Advanced Floating Content
When you installed this plugin you can see an extra option on admin dashboard then you will find a page like this
Characteristics / Features of Advanced Floating Content:
Advancement and promotions: advancement and promotions: advanced floating content can be used for commercial or advancements.
Control your banner/floating content impressions by enabling control impressions from plugin admin, and after end user close the banner/content, then it won’t show again on their system.
I hope you have understood how to add a sticky floating sidebar widget.