In this article, I will explain how to use Pretty Links in WordPress to Redirect URL with related screenshots. Hope this will help you to use Pretty Links WordPress plugin.
- 1 How to Use Pretty Links WordPress Plugin to Redirect URL
- 2 FEATURES Of Pretty Links:
- 2.1 How to Use Pretty Links: Video Tutorial
- 2.2 Why Should You Use This Plugin As Cloaking:
- 2.3 How to Install and Set up Pretty Links plugin
- 2.4 How to add Affiliate Links or Shorten Links by using Pretty Links
- 2.5 What are the Advanced Options of Pretty Links?
How to Use Pretty Links WordPress Plugin to Redirect URL
What is Pretty Links:
Pretty Links one of the most popular plugin in WordPress world and famous for cloaking links. It helps you to manage your affiliate links efficiently. You can auto add nofollow tag to affiliate links, shorten links, and redirect them correctly.
Shortlinks By Pretty Links also allows us to use analytics. It’s an excellent opportunity for the authority to see how many unique users visited your site and how many times clicked on the link. This analytic system costs a few databases to count this.
What is Link Cloaking and When do you need it?
Link cloaking is one of the most sophisticated techniques which is used to make long affiliate links into a shorter and more branded link on your website.
We frequently see affiliate links are lengthy, hard to remember and show your affiliate username or ID like this:
Link cloaking allows you to get short link these long ugly link into branded URLs like these:
FEATURES Of Pretty Links:
- Pretty Links provides an excellent opportunity to create clean, simple URLs on your website that redirect to any other URL (allows for 301, 302, and 307 redirects only).
- This plugin-Shorten By Pretty Links- counts the number of clicks per link.
- Pretty Links generates random 3-4 character slugs for your URL or allows you to name a custom slug for your URL.
- Tracks the number of unique clicks per link
- The most adorable matter is that Pretty Links provides a reporting interface where you can see a configurable chart of clicks per day. This report can be filtered by the specific link clicked, date range, and unique clicks.
- View click details including IP address, remote host, browser (including browser version), operating system, referring site and some other features.
- You can also download details in CSV format by one click.
- Pass custom parameters to your scripts through the pretty link and still have full tracking ability.
- Exclude IP Addresses from Stats.
- This plugin helps you to send your pretty links via Email directly from your WordPress admin panel.
- Select Temporary (302 or 307) or Permanent (301) redirection for your pretty links.
- Cookie-based system for tracking visitor activity across clicks.
- Organize Links into Groups.
- Shorten By Pretty Links gives to create nofollow/noindex links.
- You are also allowed to turn tracking on / off on each link.
- Pretty Links Bookmarklet.
How to Use Pretty Links: Video Tutorial
[————–Make a video for this article————]
Why Should You Use This Plugin As Cloaking:
You know, there are so many plugins available for link cloaking on the internet. But we recommend you to use this plugin to shorten your link. Because the use of this plugin is straightforward and beginners friendly than any others link cloaking plugins. Now, this plugin is being used widely, and more than 200,000+people are using this.
How to Install and Set up Pretty Links plugin
From your WordPress dashboard, merely go to add new which belongs Plugin in the admin menu. Then, type the name of the plugin which you are looking for “Pretty Links” in the search area.
Click install now button and go ahead and activate this plugin. To know more details visit our another article on how to install a plugin.
Or download this plugin from official website https://wordpress.org/plugins/pretty-link/
How to add Affiliate Links or Shorten Links by using Pretty Links
I hope all of you have already installed Pretty Links on your WordPress dashboard. So what is next? Well, in this article we’ll show you how to use Pretty Links properly. Once you have installed this, then you will see a function under the setting of your WordPress admin menu.
When you hover your mouse pointer on this feature then you can see so many options, but you need to go Add New Links to create clean, simple URLs and shorten links on your website. After that, you will see a page like this.
In this page there are five options are available:
- In the first section Redirection area by default it is selected 307(Temporary) so do not change it at all.
- The second area significant thing Target URL you need to keep the link where you want to redirect your traffic.
- In the third section Pretty Links which allows you to redirect your targeted link. In Pretty Links, you can you persona domain name and a nice slug according to your demand.
- The Title helps you to manage all the links that you created in Pretty Links
- The Notes section is optional you may use if you want this option helps you to note down something about the link.
I hope you fill-up all the requirements then go through down of the page you will see the Crate Button under the Pro Option. For example, have a look on our screenshot.
What are the Advanced Options of Pretty Links?
When you want to more features on Pretty Links merely click on Advanced Options, then the function will be expanded. interestingly, This plugin offers some extraordinary features which are
- In the first section -Group, you can cloak many links in the same group I think this is a great opportunity.
- No Follow means you don’t want the search engine to index this link.
- Tracking means you can see the full statistics about the link like unique visitors, click and so on.
Finally, Click on pretty links to head over to Pretty Links dashboard then you will see a page like this.
The right side of the page you will be given a link that you should use as your shorten link.
Hopefully, You have understood How to Use Pretty Links, we tried our best to discuss the details about How to Use Pretty Links